The Regional Compost Manager – Southeast will be responsible for overseeing the collection and diversion of food scraps for composting in the southeastern region for Sow America, a non-profit organization whose mission is to regenerate land and communities through the education of agriculture, entrepreneurship, and self-improvement. The Regional Compost Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase participation in the organization’s composting program in the southeastern region and will work to educate the community about the importance of composting.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase participation in the composting program in the southeastern region, including outreach and education efforts.
- Oversee the work of Compost Coordinators in the southeastern region, including providing guidance and support as needed.
- Collaborate with community partners in the southeastern region to identify new opportunities for composting and food waste reduction.
- Manage relationships with composting facilities in the southeastern region and ensure that all collected food scraps are properly processed.
- Maintain accurate records of compost collected in the southeastern region and track progress against program goals.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the composting program in the southeastern region, and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Develop and manage budgets for the composting program in the southeastern region, including forecasting costs and revenues.
- Collaborate with other departments within Sow America to integrate composting into the organization’s overall sustainability efforts in the southeastern region.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Sow America.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to oversee a team of Compost Coordinators in the southeastern region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in program development and implementation, preferably within the field of composting or sustainability.
- Understanding of community and industrial scale composting operations.
- Financial management skills, including experience developing and managing budgets.
- Familiarity with the southeastern region and its communities is a plus.
We welcome diverse candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. If you are passionate about composting and sustainability, and are looking to make a positive impact in the southeastern region, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com